Garden Organic is the UK’s leading organic growing charity. For over 60 years we’ve been researching and promoting organic growing to get as many people as possible growing the organic way. We know that organic growing is the most sustainable way of growing, and offers far-reaching benefits for human health, and the health of the environment & wildlife.
Our work is as interesting as it is varied; we provide advice to our 20,000 members online, through videos, social media, and more; we support organic growing activities up and down the UK; we maintain the Heritage Seed Library; we raise awareness of issues impacting organic growers, and so much more. Consumer awareness of the many benefits of organic gardening is growing year on year, and we want to grow with it.
Overall purpose of the role:
To be responsible for the timely and accurate accounting of income and expenditure for Garden Organic and its subsidiaries.
- Administer the sales ledgers, working with other departments and managers, to raise timely invoices and credit notes. Maintain strong working relationships with debtors to ensure prompt payment of invoices.
- Administer the purchase ledgers, supporting other departments and managers, ensuring accurate accounting of invoices/other expenses. Oversee purchase order process. Maintain strong working relationships with key suppliers and internal customers.
- Be aware of VAT intricacies and ensure VAT is accurately accounted for within ledgers. Responsible for the quarterly VAT Returns.
- Work with Management Accountant to ensure accurate accounting within monthly accounts of both sales and expenditure, including monthly reconciliation of key control accounts. Account for accruals and prepayments relating to income and expenditure.
- Support Management Accountant’s responsibility for cashflow, preparing weekly list of creditors to be paid, managing bank balances/transfers and reconciling bank accounts.
- Process payments/receipts via BACS, cheques, CHAPS and PDQs and related reports as appropriate.
- Support accounting for restricted and unrestricted projects, meeting requirements of project managers and providing information as required.
- Oversee intercompany accounts and complete monthly reconciliations.
- Ensure all petty cash is appropriately managed and reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Provide assistance to other members of the Corporate Resources Department as and when required.
It is the nature of work of Garden Organic that tasks and responsibilities are, in many circumstances, unpredictable and varied. All staff are, therefore, expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises where tasks are not specifically covered in the Job Description have to be undertaken.
Please submit your application via CV and supporting statement detailing how your skills and experience meet the person specification to email@example.com.
We welcome informal discussions about the role by calling our head office or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, all applications will be anonymised before being submitted to the recruitment panel. You are welcome to submit an anonymised CV in application for the role however please ensure you provide a contact telephone number or e-mail address.
Application deadline 24/06/2022. Garden Organic reserve the right to close the advert early depending on response levels.