Project Co-ordinator: Cumbria Master Composters
We are a disability confident employer that proudly holds a Thrive at work wellbeing award. As part of our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, all applications will be anonymised before being submitted to the shortlisting panel. You may, if you wish, submit an anonymised CV; however, please ensure your application meets the criteria listed and that we have an email address or phone number to contact you about your application.
Garden Organic is the UK’s leading organic growing charity. For over 60 years, we’ve been researching and promoting organic growing to get as many people as possible to grow the organic way. Organic Enterprises Limited is the commercial trading arm of Garden Organic, generating income to support the work of the charity. It manages various commercial partners, of which the largest is a contract with Suttons Consumer Products to produce the Organic Gardening Catalogue.
The primary role of the Project Coordinator is to coordinate Master Composter Volunteer activity, provide support for the Head of Knowledge Transfer and contribute to the successful delivery of the Cumbria Master Composter Volunteer Programme.
- To recruit and coordinate the training programme for Master Composter Volunteers.
- To plan and coordinate all project activities in line with the objectives and milestones defined for the project.
- To provide a point of contact support for Master Composter volunteers.
- To maintain contact with complimentary schemes and local community groups.
- To help identify and engage with complementary schemes/community groups/settings/events that may benefit from the support of a volunteer.
- Arrange training/workshop events for the volunteers; including arranging venue hire, catering, administration and promotion.
- Gather data/information/photographs/feedback/case studies from volunteers and beneficiaries to inform progress updates and reports.
- Manage the project social media accounts and website content.
- Occasional travel for meetings at Garden Organic’s Head office in Coventry as required.
- To represent the organisation at appropriate events.
It is the nature of the work of Garden Organic that tasks and responsibilities are, in many circumstances, unpredictable and varied. All staff are expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises where tasks are not specifically covered in the Job Description and have to be undertaken. Garden Organic actively encourages employees to spend time volunteering with other departments within the Charity. Some evening, weekend and bank holiday working may be required.
Please submit your application via CV and supporting statement detailing how your skills and experience meet the person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can download the full job description below.
We welcome informal discussions about the role by calling 07368310391 or sending an email to email@example.com